[linux-audio-user] RME9652 and Stereo

Phil Moors pmoors at greenbelt.com
Mon Jan 20 19:46:01 EST 2003

alsa-0.9.0rc6
RH7.3
kernel 2.4.19 with Andrew Morton's low latency patches
ASUS A7M266 Mobo w/Duron 750 single proc

I have compiled, installed and loaded the ALSA rme9652 driver. It's
compiled without OSS. Using arecord/aplay, I can only record and playback
files in mono format. Stereo is eluding me. Pardon the ascii art,
monospace font required. My configuration is:

                LineIn1 LineIn2
                Mic   	ElecBass
                 |        |
                 |        |
   main out-----Mackie 1202-VLZpro -----LineIn 5/6
        L/R                             |
         |                              |
         |                              |
        input---                    ---output
        L/R    |                    |  L/R
                ART DI/O 2 channel
                24bit AD/DA converter
        S/PDIF----                  ----S/PDIF
        RCA out                         RCA in
        S/PDIF                             S/PDIF
        RCA in                             RCA out