[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 22 13:52:09 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 06:07:44 +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 08:35:31 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > kUML does it too :-)
> >
> > There is enough good code for reusage in fact :)
>
> Really? I couldnt find any screenshots showing reouting in kUML, arts is
> more likly to be helpful.

I just played with artsbuilder and its routing is very impressive, it
occasioanly makes some odd choices if pushed hard, but for plausible
examples its really good.

For a jack patching app I'd prefer it if the modules were vertical and
the grid was finer (more ports and connections). I've a suspicion that
routing algorithms get expensive with high res grids though.

- Steve