[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

linuxmedia4 at netscape.net linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Wed Jan 22 17:20:00 EST 2003

Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson at dataductus.se> wrote:

>I've never really looked at PD for instance, though I've heard it can do
>wonders. I just looked at it recently again, it strikes me how butt ugly
>it is. I can't help but think it would be more appealing if it was gorgeous.

Yea and what about the appeal for the person who's "on the fence" about coming over to linux. It can't hurt to have a good looking interface.

>The knob in question was rendered in several frames such that it could
>turn a complete revolution, which unfortunately takes lots of memory :(
>so I'm not so sure these types of graphics are really usable...

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how someone creates an image in gimp (and then) how the program uses it. But with some frames being transparent and others one's being stable, I've gotten a lot out of animations with little memory.

I hope this applies...

Rocco