[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

linuxmedia4 at netscape.net linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Wed Jan 22 18:04:01 EST 2003

"Dave Griffiths" <dave at pawfal.org> wrote:

>No it's not aRts or mbox (although John Dunn's SoftStep looks like it's along
>similar lines: http://www.algoart.com/web/softstep.htm)

Maybe it's just my personal taste. But that looks more like Elvis's mansion than a rolls royce. Please don't be offended, but it just looks gaudy.

The right 3D look can be dynamic. I constantly tweek (just to use an example) KDE with 3D buttons and Mid-Green-Metalic colors and fonts to the point where it's very easy to see everything _and_ very modern looking. And this is why I mention earlier about Linux apps looking as good as the screen shots. I forgot how much time I put into getting all the button, fonts and metalic colors right that it's reflected in the programs I run in KDE.

Rocco