[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 22 18:11:01 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 09:36:44 +0000, iriXx wrote:

> >I was thinking more of a pixmap based UI toolkit, but the last thing we
> >need is another toolkit ;)
>
> actually i kinda disagree.... in that i'm frustrated by the toolkits
> i've seen so far....
> i'd be interested to know whats involved in designing a pixmap-based UI
> toolkit...

Its pretty simple, the knobs are just a horizontal strip with the frames
side by side. switches are two images or two frames side my side and
sliders are a background, two ends and the "thumb" part as sperate
images.

I can put the source images for my UI code online if it will help.
visually they aren't good, but they show the principle.

I used PNG format, as it has good transparency support.

- Steve