[linux-audio-user] Pianotest1 recording as requested by Mark and answers to questions by others.

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Wed Jan 22 23:26:01 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:23:55PM +0100, Roel de Wit wrote:
> Note though that it was sampled from Grandest Piano beta v0.1 and thus will
> not neccesarily represent the v1.0 release of the piano. Next week two new
> sample layers will be added and the amount of velocity layers will be
> increased to 127 (which will fully replace the current not so perfect ones).

I'm not really a master of piano samples and synths, but let me say -
the test you've posted sounds really good.  I like the way the samples
sound - they have a very unprocessed sound.  It lets the piano come
through.  If I were using the sample set, it would allow me to apply the
effects I needed without impeding that.

Nice work!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.