[linux-audio-user] Piano feedback, again bundled

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu Jan 23 08:00:01 EST 2003

Hi Roel:

  Thanks for posting your query to the LAU list. I checked out the
Schumann MP3, here's how it impressed me:

    To my ears the higher octaves were a bit peaky, as though the
instrument had a stiff action. The middle octaves were fine. The lower
notes seemed to sound a bit blurred, losing some definition the lower
they went. At one time I wrote a lot of piano music (I was living with a
concert pianist) so I have a particular sound I prefer (read:
Bosendorfer).
    Velocity response and scaling sounded natural, I really liked that
aspect of the recording.

  Alas, I don't own an Audigy (yet), but if/when I do I'd probably
purchase your GP font.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org