[linux-audio-user] Pianotest1 recording as requested by Mark and answers to questions by others.

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 09:52:01 EST 2003

--- Daniel James <daniel at mondodesigno.com> wrote:
> > If you sample at 48Khz you need to filter out
> everything above 24Khz in
> > order to avoid alias noise.
>
> Is there any advantadge to using 48KHz or higher
> sample rates if you
> ultimately distribute your music on CD at 44.1KHz?

Based just on the theory for filtering above 24khz,
then yes for 96. Because you were able to filter above
before you resampled.

Remember though, that many hit songs were produced on
ADAT tape, 48000 and 16bit. :)

I've never done an a to b listening test for the
difference between 48000 and 96000 and don't intend to
do this anytime soon. Well, maybe I'll do it but just
for testing purposes, it's doubtful that there's a
good reason for me to change. Everything that
originates from me is produced in 44100 because I'd
rather not resample.

ron