[Just Talk] Re: [linux-audio-user] Why we need graphic designers

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 23 11:03:00 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 04:13:26 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hi,
> Steve Harris schrieb:
> > Equally there are things that are easy and rewarding to do in pd and co.
> > that I would never attempt on a modular synth. and thats why we have JACK,
> > to be the meta-modular synth :)
> But jack needs supbatches and colored wires then... ^_^

Or chip style routing ;)))

Seriously, because of the way we (well I) tend to route between jack apps
you end up with lots of connections from one module to another, eg
alsa_pcm:capture_1-16 going to ardour, so I think that lots of parallel
tracks is a good way to view this. If hovering over a jack port causes the
appropriate track to light up then thats even better.

- Steve