[linux-audio-user] apps to use live was Re: sooperlooper goes PD

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Jan 24 18:47:01 EST 2003

Steve Harris wrote:

> I'm planning a gig at the moment, I'm using AMS, SpiralSynthModular,
> freqtweak, some software I haven't written yet and probably pd.
>
> I've never gigged a PC before, so I'm a bit nervous about it. I might try
> to borrow a UPS from somewhere.

I have found it's not neccessary.

More important is to know the limitations of the software and ways to
get round unexpected bugs, of which there are still many.

I have used my 1 ghz cerelon PIII for the past 2 1/2 months without any
power failures. I have definitely had odd occurances with sound devices
though. But hey, at least I didn't have to reboot to get around the
problems ;p

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman