[linux-audio-user] apps to use live was Re: sooperlooper goes PD

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jan 25 05:25:01 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 05:29:02 -0800, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 05:08:21PM -0800, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > > >

> > > I have found it's not neccessary.
> >
> > And i've seen punk rock bands play in a room where the power is so
> > bad that the guitarist's digital effects gadgets keep shutting down
> > due to insufficient voltage.
> > In other words, it really depends on the "venue". :)
>
> Forgot to mention - I have also *performed* in a venue
> where the power (ALL of it) cut out twice during our show.
> I guess they were pushing the circuit breakers a bit hard.
> Would have really sucked if I'd had to reboot.
> Fortunately I was playing bass. :)
> Audience was maybe 200, pretty big gig by my standards.

Thats more the sort of thing I'm worried about, its happened to me once,
but the only thing that suffered was a sampler (which too a while to boot)
and a random rack unit that got its memory scrambled.

The venue is most well known for its folk bands, so I doubt they care much
about the power. I'm expecting a few hundred people, but they will mostly
be "unapreciative" ;)

- Steve