[linux-audio-user] jack-rack segfault on startup

jordan muscott jordan at no-future.com
Mon Jan 27 14:10:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:30:16 +0200
janne halttunen <jhalttun at pp.htv.fi> wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:03:06 +0000
>jordan muscott <jordan at no-future.com> wrote:
>
>> Greets all,
>>
>>  alsa 0.9rc1
>>  jack 0.34.0
>> sound blaster 128, ens1371
>>
>> Er, as it sais in the subject, jack-rack 1.12 segfaults on startup.
>
>Your jack version is way old.  I suggest you get jack from CVS and
>compile jack-rack again.
>

>janne

Cheers, yes i did wonder that myself actually, and pulled jack from cvs
yesterday night, but unfortunately after running autogen.sh the
configure script bombs with the following error:

./configure: line 7824: syntax error near unexpected token
`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SNDFILE,'
./configure: line 7824: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SNDFILE, sndfile >=
1.0,HAVE_SNDFILE=true, true)'

I'm guessing that this is checking for libsndfile or something like
that? ( of which i have version 1.0.1 ). Could I just comment out those
lines and then carry on?

thanks, Jordan.