[linux-audio-user] jack-rack segfault on startup

jordan muscott jordan at no-future.com
Mon Jan 27 17:04:01 EST 2003

>>>Your jack version is way old.  I suggest you get jack from CVS and
>>>compile jack-rack again.
>>>

>>>janne
>>

>>Cheers, yes i did wonder that myself actually, and pulled jack from
>cvs>yesterday night, but unfortunately after running autogen.sh the
>>configure script bombs with the following error:
>>
>>./configure: line 7824: syntax error near unexpected token
>>`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SNDFILE,'
>>./configure: line 7824: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(SNDFILE, sndfile >=
>>1.0,HAVE_SNDFILE=true, true)'

Seeing as I haven't been that active on the list recently, and now have
my own private thread going here, I'd thought i'd reply to myself to let
myself know how I solved this problem.   Basically, the pkg-config that
came with my distro was installed in /usr , and when I updated it myself
from source I installed it in /usr/local. A bit of googling revealed
that the PKG_CHECK_MODULES error was probably due to pkg-config not
being able to find  pkg.m4, so I copied this file from
/usr/local/share/aclocal/ to /usr/share/aclocal/ and then all was well
again :=)

apologies for wasting everyones bandwidth,
Jordan.