[linux-audio-user] MDK audio distro survey

Austin Acton aacton at YorkU.CA
Tue Jan 28 23:30:00 EST 2003

Hello all,
I'm a major contributor and volunteer at Mandrake, and I've been working
to get Mandrake up-to-date and more complete with regard to audio
applications, so I thought this would be a good place to come for
advice.  If you have a few minutes, please answer any of the following
questions you can.  Doing so will help make Mandrake 9.1 the best audio
distribution on the planet...

1. If Mandrake 9.0 is your primary distribution for audio, what is your
#1 complaint?

2. If Mandrake 9.0 is not your primary distribution for audio, why not?
What is missing or what has turned you away?

3. What audio applications are we missing (please check current list
provided below, as many new apps have been added since 9.0)?

4. What thee audio applications do you consider the most
valuable/important? (do not include alsa, jack, mixers, or ogg/mp3
players/encoders)

Thanks very much.  I appreciate your time, and please let me know
personally if there is anything else I can do to make Mandrake more
audio-friendly.

Austin
--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant
           Department of Chemistry, York University, Toronto
             MandrakeClub Volunteer (www.mandrakeclub.com)
                     homepage: www.groundstate.ca
--
Audio Apps Currently in Mandrake 9.1 developer version:
(apps including mp3 encoders or java bytecode are forbidden)
abcde
aconnectgui
adplay
alsaplayer (+many plugins)