[linux-audio-user] MDK audio distro survey

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Wed Jan 29 06:23:01 EST 2003

> 1. If Mandrake 9.0 is your primary distribution for audio, what is your
> #1 complaint?

Default installs a bit over-generous with packages? To make a lean system I
have to unselect all package groups, then choose individual apps. Other than
that, no complaints.

> 2. If Mandrake 9.0 is not your primary distribution for audio, why not?
> What is missing or what has turned you away?

n/a

> 3. What audio applications are we missing (please check current list
> provided below, as many new apps have been added since 9.0)?

Rosegarden-4, not just Rosegarden (the very old version). Vkeybd. Timidity
with alsa sequencer support compiled in. A GPL'd soundfont.

> 4. What thee audio applications do you consider the most
> valuable/important? (do not include alsa, jack, mixers, or ogg/mp3
> players/encoders)

Audacity. Rosegarden-4. Vkeybd.

Cheers

Daniel