[linux-audio-user] MDK audio distro survey

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Jan 29 09:58:26 EST 2003

> this is true.... jack *is* the most important...

...although given that it's hard to configure and sometimes quirky in use,
I'd
like to retain the option not to use it when it's not really needed. If a
single application can access the sound card directly, surely that's more
efficient?

Absolutely. It just doesn't fit my work model. (Using Rosegarden-4 (sorry
Chris!) and Ardour at the same time, with SSM, amSynth, etc. I need Jack. I
understand others may not.