[linux-audio-user] MDK audio distro survey

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Jan 29 18:30:01 EST 2003

And I haven't heard Austin say anything bad about Fernando or the Planet. I
think Austin likes Mandrake a lot, and he's asked a very general question of
people that may not be qualified to answer"

"Why isn't Mandrake your distribution of choice?"

For me, I've heard great things about Mandrake, but I've never built a
machine using Mandrake. Except for recent, I think, things I've read about
Mandrake going under financially, I've really considered trying it out.
However, I can't figure out right now how it's better or worse, and I'm not
qualified to say much more.

If the Mandrake version of RPM is capable of figuring out dependencies and
then automatically getting me all the stuff I need, then that's a step up
from standard Redhat, and close to what Fernando provides. It might be
enough to cause me to look, if it's true, but I don't know much more today.

Very happy to have Austin here talking about Mandrake because I am truly
interested.

Cheers,
Mark