[linux-audio-user] problem with snd

Reuben Martin MartinR at jbu.edu
Wed Jan 29 22:25:01 EST 2003

Sounds like whatever graphical display you are trying to use is trying to access an OpenGL related function (Or some kind of function that has to do with 3D). The nv driver used for Nvidia cards supports 2D ONLY. I would recommend going to Nvidia's web site and downloading the latest driver and GLX driver that fits your distro configuration. Then see if that fixes your problem. Basically the message is telling you that it's trying to access something that simply does not exist for the display device.

Also, I doubt this is an ALSA problem, so always make sure that you check to be sure that you have narrowed the problem down to an ALSA specific problem before posting it on this list.