[linux-audio-user] MDK audio distro survey

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 30 06:54:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 18:31, Austin Acton wrote:

> Of course.  The biggest difference I can see is we (mandrake) use a
> different menu system (debian's actually).

http://distro.conectiva.com.br/projetos/46/ This thing's the most useful
thing I've seen so far. {Tho' gnome apt/gnorpm and storms package manager
are both nifty} It doesn't seem to want to run on rh8 though.

And... ftp.agnula.org has .isos of {I believe... the server's been so
overtaxed lately I can't even seem to get in by ftp} beta .9 of both
Demudi and Rehmudi {not to dis Mandrake or anything seeing as it's a
pretty complete multimedia setup in itself. {It's cheap and available in
half the computer stores in the burbs... why not just do it that way?}}

This... http://ptk.progeny.com/ just plain rocks... {and you can let
someone that can afford it help with bandwidth} Won't work with rh8
though.