[linux-audio-user] MDK Survey Results

Austin Acton aacton at YorkU.CA
Thu Jan 30 12:27:10 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 12:05, iriXx wrote:
> i did upgrade to Cooker alsa rpms though but had the same problem... :(
> it was only solved by removing the modules supplied by mandrake and
> upgrading to ALSA cvs....

This sounds Mandrake-specific then.  Please submit your story to
http://qa.mandrakesoft.com and someone will fix it.

> it would be good if drakx had config options for sound... this is what i
> meant by too simplistic... all it does is make a stab at guessing the
> soundcard (which in the case of my thinkpad 600e turned out to be wrong
> - it guessed cs46xx when the tp600e has a cs4239 which runs under
> cs4236!)... it would be good to be able to run sndconfig at the time of
> install... just as you do very well with the printer and LAN config...

The installer takes a guess, yes, but you can use the Mandrake Control
Centre to change the card driver and the sound system (alsa or oss).
You can also run this utility form the commandline if you want
(draksound).  There is talk of improving it to setup MIDI/irq options
etc., but no commitments yet.

Austin
--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant