[linux-audio-user] using jack-rack as real time effects processor.

jordan muscott jordan at no-future.com
Fri Jan 31 14:08:00 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:09:44 +0200
janne halttunen <jhalttun at pp.htv.fi> wrote:

> > I've tried making what seemed like the sensible connections here
> > with jack_connect, but the sound i'm sending in either just gets
> > echoed to the output ( as per normal ), or I get hideous feedback.
>
> That's perfectly normal. (for what I know)  You just have to balance
> the line-in and PCM out levels, so that you get the effect but not the
> feedback.

hmm, i've kind of got somewhere, very unsatisfactory though. Is there
no way of completely getting rid of the dry signal? It seems that I have
to bump the line up a bit to get some input, but as soon as I do that,
I'm getting the dry signal echoed out of the output of my sound card.
I'm trying to compress some drums, so therefore this isn't what I want
at all.

thanks again, Jordan.