[linux-audio-user] Planet CCRMA

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Fri Jan 31 19:14:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 17:31, Brian Redfern wrote:
> I have Planet CCRMA running nicely on my dell laptop. You probably need to
> use the ACAPI kernel to get actual low latency, that's how it was for mine
> (whihc I got last year).
>
> Also install apt-get and synapic, then you can get everything in one fell
> swoop.
>
> http://www.brianredfern.org
>
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 Jlawrence at tacenergy.com wrote:
>
> > I've just downloaded the planet ccrma materials and I will be installing
> > them over the weekend.  I'm curious about the applications contained in the
> > package:
> >
> > 1.  Is there a way to just install everything in one swoop, or do I have to
> > rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm every time on all packages?
> > 2.  What about packages (movie and sound players come to mind) that already
> > exist in some form in a standard RH 8.0 install?  Will installing over them
> > confuse the situation?

http://lulu.esm.rochester.edu/kevine/turnkey/home.html

This thing has a goodly chunk of it... including a lot of stuff that's
not mentioned in the listings. I'd break it down and run the individual
installs on stuff though. Most of the applications have an install
script in their folder that will take care of all the difficult stuff.
I'd definitely break it down to install it on Debian. It goes into a
loop somewhere near the snd install. I'm assuming this isn't the case on
Redhat. At any rate... it's really complete.