[linux-audio-user] I'm frustrated... No MIDI connection with SB Audigy

Alex Timmer mijn_troep at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 16:06:01 EDT 2003

hi,
assuming you are using ALSA (www.alsa-project.org), there is a known
issue with the midi on the front panel, see
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=Creative+Labs&card=Soundblaster+Audigy+Platinum&chip=Audigy&module=emu10k1

the alsa list (http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/) also has a link
about the Driver Status, go check it out. amongs other things it
says: "- MPU401 - implemented - should work but not tested".

i have only a SB Live myself, successfully use a gameport-to-midi
adapter, and just realise that that is no option for you as the SB
Audigy has no gameport connector!

so, hopefully someone else can expand on the latest SB Audigy's
Driver Status on the ALSA page && midi...

ALEX

 --- Jason Jones <senorchamo at netzero.net> wrote: > I've been writing
and recording music in Windows now for about a