[linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Jul 2 12:39:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 04:43:23PM +0100, Daniel James wrote:
> Since I wrote that article, an interesting example came my way -
> apparently, radio stations that use PC based playlist systems

Isn't that nearly every commercial radio station in the US?

I know that a lot of radio stations don't have nighttime DJs anymore...
they just record a bit of blather and program the setlist into
the computer.

> just
> throw Cactus discs in the bin. If it won't rip at full quality - it
> can't get played on air.

hmm, there must be more to the story. Maybe non-protected copies
are sent to radio now.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com