[linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

iriXx m at iriXx.org
Wed Jul 2 20:03:01 EDT 2003

Paul Perkins wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 July 2003 01:52 pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>>In my mind, using something I didn't pay for, or didn't pay the money to
>>the real owner, just isn't right. Theft is one word for this if you
>>actively seek out this property. Accepting stolen goods might be another
>>term if someone just gives it to me.
>

> Well, look at typical music industry practice in dealing with musicians. Most
> of the time, the creative talent gets ripped off (not paid) by the record
> company. Then by the above rule, buying a "legitimate record company" CD is
> "accepting stolen goods". So there is no morally correct way to hear "music
> industry product" recordings. Maybe everyone should go back to making their
> own music, live, at least until the RIAA cartel withers away. Or at least
> keeps the ownership of the recordings out of the hands of those crooks.
>
> OK, OK, mostly off-topic, but not completely...

to add to the OT... Daniel and i have been organising a petition, signed
by musicians, against the RIAA's latest persecutions - with the emphasis
being on suggesting more positive means to promote music rather than
persecute music lovers.

http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

m~

--
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/