[linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 20:23:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 10:56:43PM +0100, iriXx wrote:
> >I wrote a rambling reply about very cheap (and Free) tools alowing the
> >bedroom studio to be a useful thing, lessening the grip of big labels on
> >musicians then realised it was obvious / noone cares ;)
>
> bollox. i'd care.... and would be very curious to read it! thats exactly
> what my Copyleftmedia campaign is all about....

There wasn't anything realy novel in there which is why I zapped it.

Mostly the observation that I know somewhere thats chucking out 1.4 ghz
pcs with cdwriters and ok soundcards, which, with LAD s/w and a bit of
mains power is basicly all you need to make some kinds of music.

Some would say not very good kinds ;) but there was still a time when you
were dependent on labels for funding to produce practically anything with
decent production values.

- Steve