[linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Jul 4 04:51:01 EDT 2003

>  I used to love to listen to his work with the Isley
> Brothers

Sure - and Curtis Mayfield, Ike and Tina Turner etc etc. There's lots
of material from those days on the cheaper Hendrix compilations. He
played with many of the mainstream black artists of the mid sixties,
but he still couldn't get a record deal for his own material.

It was after becoming known in England that he got to play with Miles
Davis, mostly in private at Davis's house. I wish they'd been able to
make a record together...

Cheers

Daniel