ripping / Re: [linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 07:15:18 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 08:57:32AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:

> Yeah, I think your right, when I think of ripping I think of a cdparanoia
> like process. Faster than realtime, (attempt) at a bit-for-bit copy.

Pushing gently back to the earlier topic, what happens in cdparanoia
when a CD has errors in it, whether because of defects or being copy
protected?

I know cdparanoia will re-read bad data until it gets a good copy or
gives up, but does the CD drive still do (a) the error correction and/or
(b) any necessary interpolation, or is that also done by cdparanoia?

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk