[linux-audio-user] Cactus Data Shield copy controlled cd's

Brian Redfern bredfern at calarts.edu
Fri Jul 4 12:05:02 EDT 2003

Yeah, and when you listen to the origianls , like Willie Dixon, although
both use 12 bars, the black blues is different. However the Stones had
black blues musicians opening for them, and Clapton is accepted as a real
blues guy by people like BB King. I actually had a guitar workshop with
one of BB's old protege's who gave him some of his first radio airplay,
and I'm just some Sicilian WOP, but he told me I HAD to play the blues,
that I "got it" better than anybody else in the workshop, and after the
class I got all these invitations to come back to a couple of my black
female musician friends rooms to "kick it".

My own music is heavily influenced by the african diaspora, as well as by
southeast asian music, but lately, after finding out the Sicily was a part
of ancient Greece, I've been delving into ancient Greek music to get into
my own personal roots, but I could never stop listening to jazz or blues
or hiphop, even though its not within my own native culture perhaps, but
music is about love, not culture.