[linux-audio-user] Jack crashes

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sat Jul 5 12:31:01 EDT 2003

Hello!

I am trying to use jack 0.70.4. The reason for the old version is simple
- Rosegarden 4 0.9.1 fails to build with 0.72.4.

/tmp/jack is symlinked to /mnt/ramfs.

I start "jack -d alsa" from a root terminal window. It starts
successfully (but with a warning about the "plug" layer). And it runs,
although it reports xruns every time I move a window. This lasts while
no clients are connected to jack.

Now I start "fluidsynth -a jack" from another root terminal window. (No
further parameters, and I have not attempted to get any actual sound as
yet). It connects successfully.

But very soon the following happens in the window that now runs jackd:

===

could not complete playback of 1024 frames
cycle execution failure, exiting
telling signal thread that the engine is done
jack main caught signal 1

===

With this, jackd exits.

The same happens if rosegarden is used as the client, instead of
fluidsynth.

What should I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik