[linux-audio-user] gmorgan-0.02

Alexandre Prokoudine avp at altlinux.ru
Fri Jul 11 05:30:01 EDT 2003

Daniel James wrote
> > > Does this mean Mandrake will be the first mainstream distro to
> > > package Ardour and Audacity 1.2, I wonder?
> >
> > Maybe not :-) Look at
> > ftp://ftp.altlinux.ru/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/Sisyphus/i586/RPMS
> >.classic/ if you are curious about how many multimedia apps are
> > maintained in other distros :-)
>
> Does ALTLinux have many users outside Russia? Please excuse my
> ignorance, but I've never seen it in use around here.

May be not as many as we would like to, but Manli ships its hardware
(video accelerators, TV-tuners etc.) with our OEM-distribution in Canada and
elsewhere (I don't remebere exactly) and the last release was about
100000 copies.

If you see a laptop by iRu (on of russian laptop brandnames) marked as
"Linux inside" be sure it's ALT Linux inside :-) We also sell our regular
distributions in all/almost all ex-USSR countries.

We are a small company, but we support one of the largest package
repositories in the world, named Sisyphus, among Debian unstable, PLD and
Mandrake Cooker. If guys from SuSE are hanging around this mailing list,
they might like to confirm that they sometimes borrow our patches for
their RPMS :-)

As a matter of fact, "to be small is good" (C) somebody :-)

I hope that wasn't too much of advertisment.

--
Alexandre Prokoudine
ALT Linux Documentation Team
JabberID: avp at altlinux.org