[linux-audio-user] Multiple (delta xx) cards

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sat Jul 12 09:52:01 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:28:30 -0500 (CDT)
Peter Groves <pgroves at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Ideally, I'd like to be able to buy a delta 44 now (for financial
> reasons), and then buy another, or possibly a 66, later on and add it to
> the set up. If I do this I can get a decent mic and preamp. Otherwise, I
> have to go with the 1010 now and use a $20 radio shack mic until my bank
> account recovers.

It'll be nigh impossible to bank multiple soundcards well unless they
have a method of synchronizing to a clock.  Unfortunately, that sort of
thing doesnt hit the Delta line until you get to the 1010s, I believe.

I'd say that if you have the $$ for the 1010 now, get it, then follow
that up with an inexpensive mixer (the mic preamps in the Behringers
are surprisingly good) and a few SM57s & 58s and stands and cables.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com