[linux-audio-user] Success stories

Brian Redfern bredfern at calarts.edu
Sun Jul 13 16:49:00 EDT 2003

Well, I use Swami to build my own sound fonts, I have some quite gritty
ones, cause my old band-mate is the producer for The Freestyle Fellowship
(if you haven't heard of them, they've been the underground legends of Hi
Hop for 12 years now).

Anyways I find Csound to be the tool of choice for serious composition in
a linux only environment. Personally I don't go quite that far, I use muse
and rosegarden to sequnce my midi gear, I have an asrx pro and a korg
electribe s. Unfortunately I've found jack/iiwusynth to be too unstable to
work with.

Thus I'm using midi and muse to sequence my outboard gear and then I use
broadcast2000 to record the tracks and to overdub acoustic instruments.

Its not completely linux only, but linux is the only computer os I use in
making my music.