[linux-audio-user] Jack and Ardour

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Fri Jul 18 08:00:00 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I seem to be having a problem with Jack and Ardour. Ardour keeps
stopping while I'm recording and a dialog box comes up that says "JACK
has either shutdown or it disconnected Ardour because Ardour was not
fast enough. You should save the session and restart both JACK and Ardour".

I'm running Jack as root with the following:

jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100

I've changed the buffer size (-p) to  512, then 1024 and then 2048 and
it had no effect, so appearently it has nothing to do with the buffer
settings.

I've also tried to run it in fvwm2 just in case KDE was too much for it.
But had the same problem.

I've already did all the IRQ and latency test when I was learning
ecasound. In fact, ecasound seems to run fine.

I'm running the versions of Jack and Ardour that came with SuSE 8.1
(Jack 0.37.2-27) (Ardour cvs20020816-21).

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks... Rocco