[linux-audio-user] USB-MIDI

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Tue Jul 22 10:42:00 EDT 2003

On 2003.07.22 02:28, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> *How well is USB-MIDI supported under linux in general?
> *Which keyboards is known to work under linux?
> *Is the response faster than with MIDI?

I'd suggest anything by Evolution... just plug it in, and it works
(assuming you have hotplug and usb-audio ready to go, which most big
distros should).

Most but not all M-Audio/Midiman stuff works, but is a bit trickier to
set up.  Does anyone know how well MOTU or Edirol are supported by alsa
or whether they are properly handled by hotplug or not?

Austin