Nskit [was: Re: [linux-audio-user] GM soundfont]

fpirrone fpirrone at localnet.com
Tue Jul 22 15:27:00 EDT 2003

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Hallo,
>
>Levi Burton hat gesagt: // Levi Burton wrote:
>

>>Well, the best drum kit i have heard is definitily http://www.nskit.com/
>>
>>But please everyone -- be gentle with this guys server.  These files are huge
>>and I feel kind of bad posting the link on a big mailing list.  But, he did
>>make it public, so....
>>

>... our small linux audio community shouldn't pose that big a hurden to him ;)
>
>Regarding nskit: did someone here manage to merge all the single kits
>into one single set as it is described on nskit.com for the Vienna
>soundfont editor? I think, with Swami this could be possible, but I
>never really used Swami...
>
>ciao

Coupla quick points:  The 8mbgssfx.sf2 and 8mbgmgs.sf2 soundfonts are
also quite high quality and a nice size.  The Hammersound site is your
friend.

Also, sfArkXTc.exe runs just fine under Wine for expanding sfArk files
such as the excellent fluidr3.sfArk soundfont.

Just began using Swami this week and I cleaned out some dead wood wave
samples from my favorite fonts, and discovered this app does a nice job
of splitting and merging soundfonts.  Very nice program!

Finally, loading multiple soundfonts into fluidsynth and then importing
and merging the font banks in Rosegarden really makes using multiple
instrument voices from multiple soundfont sets a piece of cake, or as
some might say a Cakewalk.

Frank