[linux-audio-user] Short-term broadband connection -- what to download?

BartonBosch at aol.com BartonBosch at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 00:57:00 EDT 2003

I have a broadband connection for the next couple of weeks.  I am in the process of downloading the CCRMA ISOs, so that I can do some music composition, sound editing and whatever else I discover.  My primary interest at this point is in writing audio and midi based music with MusE/Rosegarden and then recording it, not necessarily in real time, to wav or another audio format.

Any suggestions as to what software I will wish I had downloaded after I am back at 56k?  Audio samples are an obvious necessity.  Other than the nskit drum samples, and the soundfont packages, what else might I want to look into?  And what other categories of software would be useful?

Thanks,

Barton