[linux-audio-user] Direct In

Rob lau at kudla.org
Fri Jul 25 10:43:01 EDT 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 05:54, Chris wrote:
> curious to hear how you guitarists out there handle your sound.  Do you
> all go direct in now?  Or do some of you still mic your cabnet?  I still

I don't wire my guitar or bass directly into my Roland external USB sound
thingy, though I probably could.  I run them through one of a couple cheap
DSP amp simulators I have, I think made by Boss.  I was previously using a
direct box or just plugging in and always ran into one problem or another.
Noise, ground hum, bad levels, whatever.  It may be that the Roland thingy
would eliminate those problems (previously I was also going straight into a
PC sound card) but I guess I've gotten used to the imaginary amp thing.

I would say I'm more of a keyboardist who uses guitars for effect than an
actual guitarist though, so maybe there are downsides I haven't thought of.

Rob