[linux-audio-user] Direct In

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 25 17:37:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:12:02 -0400 John Bleichert <syborg at stny.rr.com> wrote:

> It sounds great. For the neophyte PC recorder I suggest Audacity
> (audacity.sourceforge.net) as it has a very lightweight learning curve. I've
> done a great deal of multi-track recording with it. There are quite a few
> Linux apps for multitrack recording (notably Ardour) but Audacity was the
> easiest one to get started with. A drum machine helps too. It allows me to

 It always strikes me as strange that people in here suggest Audacity and
 virtually ignore snd.

 { http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/10/05/snd_partone.html }

 Snd seems more capable to me, uses the same plugins, has an easy
 interface and is easily {guile http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html }
 extensible and has more depth {potential depth}

 I use linux because it's something I can adapt to myself... build on etc...
 snd just suits that a little better for me.

 {Delta 44s do definitely rock though.}