[linux-audio-user] how much ram?

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 26 09:20:01 EDT 2003

Hi

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:38:02 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote / a écrit:

>  In Linux, I find that if I load KDE and all the services that
> Windows runs, Linux uses similar amounts of memory. What I also find true
> about Linux is I can strip everything out and run a very minimalistic
> environment and use half the memory, which is a big advantage.
>
> I'm sure I'll get flamed for even suggesting that Windows and Linux are not
> that different in this regard,[snip]

oh no, this is so true and this is one of the strenght of Linux.
BTW, I wanted to add that it's a good thing to buy ram when it's cheap. I tend to think that prices are lower just before there are no more (obsolete). I remember that I stayed stuck with an old 48 Mo EDO machine because there where no more EDO ram available at a decent price.
So one can wait to buy more ram, but there is a time when it must be done.

cheers all.
GuyCLO~

#219055 http://counter.li.org