[linux-audio-user] USB Sonica

Stephen Hassard steve at hassard.net
Wed Jul 30 12:19:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 05:13:08PM +0200, Vedran Vucic wrote:
> Please try to be more specific. If I understood you properly I should install
> driver for Sonica in Windows and have firmware in TEMP directory.  What
> should I do with it in order to get Sonica work in Linux.?

The Sonica wont work right now. The firmware loader doesn't exist, but the firmware is available if one ever did. I killed my Sonica with an experimental DFU loader, so take care if you're playing with this stuff. I don't think M-Audio will give out their base firmware loader to 'recover' a busted unit. It cost me shipping and a whole bunch of time and money for long distance phone calls to tech support to get mine back in order. Wee!

later,
Steve