[linux-audio-user] Quattro Situation

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Thu Jul 31 11:15:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:31:26 -0400 Austin <aacton at yorku.ca> wrote:

> On 2003.07.31 00:34, Rick Taylor wrote:
> >  Have you got the hotplug stuff installed?

> Yes, hotplug is installed.  It's part of Mandrake 9.1.

 Someplace back in that mess of messages I thought you said you were running Debian.

> If you're referring to ez-usb hotplug, it shouldn't be required.  Although,
> no, I haven't tried it.  It's midi-specific anyway, which is, incidentally,
> the only thing that IS working.

  It's USB specific... I don't know how it works with your card. I meant linux's hotplug
 stuff... It was just the first "easy to overlook" thing that I could think of that might give
 you those symptoms.

 Apparently you discover the actual problem a bit later in this discussion though.

 There were some problems with usb-uhci back in May. There's a kernel patch
 listed on Redhat and a few other sites about that time. Maybe you just need to
 upgrade?

 http://www.google.com/search?q=usb+uhci