[linux-audio-user] compiling shaketracker with gcc 3.2

jordan muscott jordan at no-future.com
Sun Jun 1 07:54:01 EDT 2003

ismail (cartman) donmez wrote:

>If you use #include <foo> you need using namespace std; if you do #include
><foo.h> it will only warn you and compile fine.
>
>Hope that helps,
>/ismail

Cheers, got there in the end, after much messing around and tweaking. (
My C++ skills leave alot to be desired and are old and rusty as well).
If anyone else is using gcc-3.x and wants to use shaketracker i'll try
to make a patch.

Sorry, I know this is getting OT (but it is in the name of getting audio
software to work...), one of the files was doing #include <hash_map>,
and the only location of that header file on my system is
/usr/include/c++/3.2.2/backward/hash_map.h , and i ended up doing a hard
coded include "/usr/include/c++/3.2.2/backward/hash_map".. would there
be a cleaner way of doing this? (should i have just used the -I flag ? )

Jordan.