[linux-audio-user] horgand-0.91

holborn holborn at telefonica.net
Thu Jun 5 21:54:00 EDT 2003

Hi!

> Two small things I noticed:
> 1) When moving a slider (e.g. the drawbars) the change only takes place
> after releasing the widget. It would be great to hear such changes even
> more immediate (while dragging the slider).

Yes ... that is a decision of design ... the callback is when you release the
slider not when you move the slider ... and you are rigth i'm musicien .. i
want to listen the changes in realtime, but in this way the edit changes
(undo redo..)  save all the "points" and is not usefoul. I was try do the
callback in realtime and store the edit changes only when you release the
mouse but for a extrange reason .. (probably the extrange reason is i'm a
very bad programmer :-))  not save the correct values. I need to explore more
things in fltk toolkit, i will work on it.

> 2) The note-on's regularly produce a slight click, probably because the
> waveform immediately goes from "silence" to "full level". Putting in very
> short attack envelope (or the real thing, make the ADSR user-adjustable :-)
> might help here.

Yes ... you rigth ... i have a personal battle with this "rustic"  ADSR,  in
fact what does the marimba slider is adjust the attack, also i want to
emulate the "click" of Hammond  (H..organ..d) organs, and do it with the ADSR
is a way to save CPU resources, probably not the best way :-) ,another thing
to work on it.

Thanks for your comments.

Josep