[linux-audio-user] looping music that i play

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Jun 7 06:20:01 EDT 2003

Vincent Touquet wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 06:17:56PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
>>hi all,
>>i'd like to:
>>
>>* record a single chorus of "girl from ipanema" on my accoustic guitar.
>>* play it endlessly in a loop while i practise jazz improvisation.
>>* it would be nice for my computer to provide a metronome while i play
>>  (and record that metronome over my recording), but that's not necessary
>>  since i can use a real metronome and have it play in the background.

You could alsa use spiral loops which is part of spiralsynth modular but
IMO sweep will be the easiest to use.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman