[linux-audio-user] newbie question about a Delta 1010LT card

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Sun Jun 8 12:12:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

I just installed a Delta 1010LT multi-channel audio card into my PC. I'm
new to multi channel cards, and have some questions. I'm sorry if these
questions are dull or simple.

I just installed alsa 0.9.4, as described on the page
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=Midiman&card=Delta+1010-LT&chip=Envy24&module=ice1712

all modules seem to load fine.

I have the following questions:

- mixer

I can also run alsamixer and env24control, but I can't run aumix or
other mixers that would use the OSS mixer interface. maybe the alsa ->
OSS mixer interface is not configured properly, as:

# cat /proc/asound/card0/oss_mixer
VOLUME "" 0
BASS "" 0
TREBLE "" 0
SYNTH "" 0
PCM "" 0
SPEAKER "" 0
LINE "" 0
MIC "" 0
CD "" 0
IMIX "" 0
ALTPCM "" 0
RECLEV "" 0
IGAIN "" 0
OGAIN "" 0
LINE1 "" 0
LINE2 "" 0
LINE3 "" 0
DIGITAL1 "" 0
DIGITAL2 "" 0
DIGITAL3 "" 0
PHONEIN "" 0
PHONEOUT "" 0
VIDEO "" 0
RADIO "" 0
MONITOR "" 0

- accessing the multiple input channels as separate OSS devices

actually the main goal of having this card is to be able to record
parallelly from the separate input channels it has. recording would be
done through opening and reading OSS-style /dev/dsp devices.

is this possible using this card and alsa drivers? if so, how? is this
related to /etc/asound.conf ?

all help would be appreciated,

Akos