[linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Wed Jun 11 04:13:00 EDT 2003

i'm new to pro-audio world and i need some advice about
how to setup a studio.

i got my PC setup with an RME HDSP-9652 + SPDIF A/D D/A converter.
Ardour works great.  i'm planning to purchase a FocusRite
OctoPre/ADAT and a bunch of microphones.

i think i need speakers too.

Is there anything like digital speakers or digital amps which
can accept ADAT directly from my linux box and turn it into
sound?  Or do i need to convert ADAT to analogue and plug
that into a conventional amp/speaker system?

Considering how much care i'm taking to record sound digitally,
without noise, it seems like i should also take care that
the speakers can actually playback my recordings without
too much distortion.

Anyone have any recommendations?

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org