[linux-audio-user] Processor Recommendation

Anthony avan at uwm.edu
Wed Jun 11 07:07:00 EDT 2003

I have the ASUS A7M266-D with two AMD 1.0Ghz processors. I'm quite
happy with the performance. The chips certainly are not high end
anymore so you can get away with very very quiet CPU fans. The real
problem is the powersupply, advertised as quiet and at US$90. That
was a real dissapointment. Perhaps it actually is quiet for a 400W.

I paid under $300 for the Mobo, cpus, fans. The deal breaker was
the PS.

--ant

* Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson at dataductus.se> [Jun 11 03 04:51]: