[linux-audio-user] Newbie/Laptop/Linux/Audio

sh at nnon.tv sh at nnon.tv
Wed Jun 11 18:49:01 EDT 2003

I'm fed up with expensive upgrades and a dull computer experience so
I'm making the leap from Apple.
I've just built a bare bones Linux box with AMD 2600+/9700Radeon/120gig
  HD/ CD DVD RW/ etc and crammed it into a Shuttle box. Small and runs
cool. Slackware is happy on it.

I need to augment my audio computer needs with a laptop. I've looked
around on the archives and have not found a consensus and would
appreciate some help in this area. What works with Linux and audio best
on a laptop? I've been looking at IBM T30/T40 used but don't know
really what to get.

thanks,

Shannon