[linux-audio-user] how to build a studio?

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 19:07:01 EDT 2003

--- Ross Vandegrift <ross at willow.seitz.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 03:12:17AM -0700, R Parker
> wrote:
> > Kick drum, AKG D12 E it's the old square one. I
> think
> > it cost me $200.00 used. It sounds better than the
> new
> > egg shaped model. Run through the Vt 737sp and it
> is
> > killer.
>
> I've never played around with this mic, but I've
> heard some cool things
> about it.  How does it compare to the Sennheiser
> e602?  I just picked
> one of those up, and I'm amazed at how easy it is to
> get a really think
> kick sound out of it, even with my mediocre preamps.

I've never listened to the e602 in a kick drum but if
it gets quick results, which is what it's all about
for me, and I was in the market for a kick mic I'd
give it a run.

One thing about microphones is you can't do the 30
trial and return if you don't like them. Retailers
like guitar center have the 30 day no questions asked
return policy for many devices.

I have rented micorphones and that's a good to test
drive before having your wallet vacumed.

ron